PDF ASP Component - PDFBuilderASP
Ciansoft PDFBuilderASP is an ASP component used to create PDF documents from a server script. It is a COM Object which has the following main features:
- Add images into a PDF file from a wide range of popular file formats (TIFF, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, etc.).
- Draw lines and shapes in the file with full control of colour, line thickness etc.
- Write text using a selection of standard fonts, or any TrueType font available on your system. Embed fonts in the PDF document.
- Full control over size, layout and positioning of text. Left or right justify or centre text and adjust line spacing.
- Add hyperlinks in text or to images.
- Create multiple page PDF documents using either standard or customised page sizes. Mix different page sizes in the same file.
- Can save file to disk on the server or stream the document to the browser.
A simple and intuitive list of commands make it easy to get started creating PDF documents in your script. PDFBuilderASP can be used in a variety of scripting languages, e.g., ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, ColdFusion, etc. It is also possible to use it in form-based applications such as VB, but we recommend using its sister product, the ActiveX control PDFBuilderX for such applications instead.
PDFBuilderASP is fully compatible with IIS 7.0, the version of IIS available in Windows Vista. Further information available here about using this control with IIS 7.0.
Fully Functional Trial
A trial version of PDFBuilderASP is available, which provides all the functionality of the full version. The only restriction of the trial version is that a banner will be written across each page of created documents to indicate that they were created using trial software. Click here to download and start using the trial version now.
Example scripts are available in three different languages: ASP, ASP.NET and PHP, showing how a simple one page document containing images, graphics and text can be generated on the server and streamed to the browser.
These examples show the use of text formatting functions.
These examples show how to create a table from data read from a database.
Getting Started Guide
In addition to the above example scripts we have Getting Started Guides for classic ASP and for ASP.NET that take a new user through the essential steps of installation and writing a simple script. This is particularly useful if you are unfamiliar with the use of server components.
Comprehensive Instruction Manual
Purchase of Full Version
The price of a single server licence for the full version is $165. Click here for more details or to purchase now.