Ciansoft TwainControlX is an ActiveX control (OCX) that imports images into an application from any TWAIN-compliant device such as a scanner or webcam. It has the following main features:
- Fully configurable, to allow the user either to define settings (resolution, image size etc.) or to use the built-in interface of the device.
- Single image or multiple image acquisition.
- Images can be copied to another control such as a PictureBox or saved to file in BMP, JPG, TIF or PDF formats. Multi-page TIF or PDF files can be saved automatically when used in multi-image mode, or constructed from images acquired singly.
- Robust and easy to use. It is not necessary to know anything about the TWAIN specification.
- Supports use of scanners with automatic document feeders (ADF).
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the OCX file available.
- Fully compatible with version 2.3 of the TWAIN specification.
As an ActiveX control, TwainControlX is simply dropped onto a form in your chosen programming environment. Only a few lines of code are needed to start importing images from scanners and cameras. TwainControlX can be used in a variety of programming environments, e.g., Visual Basic, Visual C++, C#, Delphi, etc.
TwainControlX is fully compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and Server versions from 2003 to 2012.
Fully Functional Trial
A trial version of TwainControlX is available, which provides all the functionality of the full version. The only restriction is that images acquired using the trial version will have a line of text written across the image to indicate that they were created using trial software. Download and start using the trial version now.
A sample Visual Basic project is provided as an example with the installation. In addition we have a number of code examples showing different ways to use the control in various programming environments and languages.
Comprehensive Instruction Manual
Both the trial and full versions of the control are supplied as self-installing .exe files. The installation includes a comprehensive instruction manual in pdf format. This manual is also available on this website in either pdf or html format.
TwainControlX version 4.1 was released on 8th May 2014. This update makes the control compatible with the TWAIN specfication version 2.3.
Purchase of Full Version
The price of a single user licence for the full version is $110. Click here for more details or to purchase now.
Do you need to do more processing of the images you acquire?
TwainControlX provides powerful features for acquiring images, but many developers need to do much more than this. If you need to resize, crop, sharpen, add text, rotate or edit your image you will need a more advanced image processing component. We recommend you take a look at the csXImage control from Chestysoft. This control includes all the TWAIN functionality of TwainControlX, and much more besides. We particularly recommend csXImage for web applications where uploading of images to a server is required.